Categories & Criteria
Clinical Information Management
Clinical information management supports decision-making and ensures quality patient information at every touchpoint along the patient journey. Solutions suitable for this category include clinical decision support tools, transcription tools, medication management, Meaningful Use, CPOE, ePrescribing, and imaging management.
Data Analytics/Business Intelligence
Innovative data analytics tools enable healthcare organizations to maximize performance, improve customer health and bolster efficiencies through smarter management of resources, risk assessment, quality measurement, clinical resources and predictive modeling. Solutions in this category will bring actionable information directly to users by either enabling the wide dissemination of clinical, financial or operational data, or helping them make sense of it.
Digital/Mobile Health Solutions
Smartphones and tablets have created an intense and perpetual demand for innovative apps, solutions and services designed to engage and educate customers, save money, and enable information sharing among providers, payers and customers alike. Examples of solutions suitable for this category include mobile apps, telemedicine, website development and IT platforms.
Healthcare organizations are seeking new ways to streamline their operations, upgrade legacy systems and increase efficiencies. Solutions suitable for this category include network design, administrative services and solutions to address billing/payment transparency, claims processing, ICD-10/coding, auditing and legal/compliance challenges.
Population Health Management/Patient Engagement Solutions
Consumers are making decisions about their coverage and care on their own, leaving healthcare organizations seeking new ways to engage in this new environment that allows consumers to take charge of their healthcare. At the same time, health insurers and providers are seeking tools that promote behavioral changes, enhance communication and improve the patient experience. Solutions suitable for this category include fitness/wellness tools, retail solutions, transparency solutions, care management solutions, education tools and social engagement tools.
Applications will be scored by two judges and the aggregate of the scores will determine finalists and category winners.
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Effectiveness: Does the product or service deliver what it promises? Are there quantifiable metrics or case study data that demonstrates the value?
- Technical Innovation: Is the product or service technologically ahead of the curve? Is it employing new systems or processes that have not yet been implemented in the industry?
- Competitive Advantage: Can the product or service deliver a genuine competitive advantage that would better enable business processes?
- Financial Impact: Does the product or service enable new revenue opportunities or greatly enhanced cost savings? Does it streamline workflow in a way that would lead to new operational efficiencies?
- True Innovation: How unique is the entry? What problem does it solve? Has it pioneered a new way of doing things? Does it fit the definition of "game changing?"